Calling Potential MCBIOS2022 Young Scientist Excellence Award Recipients
Theme: AI and Data Science in Drug Development and Public Health
Date: April 25-27, 2022
Venue: SAS Campus, Cary, NC
Last updated: December 14th, 2021
- While the quality and impact of the research will be a consideration, the quality of your professional presentation will be by far the primary consideration for the award (the judges will understand that the research topic is usually determined by the institution and advisor and is not wholly within your control).
- Research that is neither too stale (i.e., old and recycled), nor too immature is preferred.
- The creativity, dedication and multidisciplinary contributions you have demonstrated in carrying out the research will be important factors.
- The multidisciplinary talent and initiative you have demonstrated to expand your skills will be an important consideration.
- Whether you have shown an understanding of the scientific method will be an important factor (e.g., validity and reliability considerations).
- CLARITY will be critical, in both the submitted application as well as in the presentation.
The award application submission will be through the abstract submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mcbiosmaqc2022 by selecting the track “MCBIOS Young Scientist Awards.” The application is due by February 15, 2022 and must include the following three components:
- Background: the context and purpose of the study
- Results: the main findings
- Conclusions: a summary and potential implications
Innovations in Research: Describe your innovative contributions in 150 words or less. Innovation can mean many different things. Tell us what you did that was innovative (e.g., extra efforts to assure validity or replicability; learned an entirely new area of chemistry, biology or computation; employed algorithms in new ways).
Author Contributions: Describe your specific contributions to the project in 150 words or less, i.e., what tasks you carried out in the project, and what tasks collaborators carried out.
Please combine components #2 and #3 into a separate Microsoft Word document and upload it during your submission.